Specialized Services is hiring experienced and hardworking welders to assist in various tasks in and out of the field. Welders will be responsible for performing various functions and tasks.
- Utilize plasma, gas, or electric arc in welding metallic and composite materials together
- Heat and dissolve metal parts to obtain molten substance used in welding or extrusion
- Oversee the installation of tank linings, valves, lead pipes, and floor
- Conduct x-ray, hydrostatic, and tolerance tests on welded parts to verify weld quality and conformance to specification
- Operate manual and semi-automatic welding equipment in vertical, horizontal, or overhead positions
- Use power saws, chipping knives, and hand shears in cutting, beveling, and contouring metal workpieces
- Repair structures by dismantling, reshaping, and reassembling metal components using cutting torches and hand tools
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of local and international building codes/legal requirements
- Monitor work equipment to ensure usage is within optimum temperature to avoid overheating or expansion
- Prepare metal surfaces by cleaning with chemical solutions and wire brushes to remove impurities such as scale, rust, grease, and moisture
- Design patterns and models for a welding project using specifications contained in a blueprint
- Direct electrodes on or across metal workpieces to melt, bend, or straighten them
- Mount and secure workpieces on production equipment using cranes, hoists, or banding machines
- Conduct estimates to determine the amount and cost of materials required for construction
- Mix and apply protective or decorative coat on finished products
- Education and Training: We require a high school diploma and several years of training as a welding apprentice, as well as to 2-6 years of experience as a welder. You are required to pass welding competency tests in order to obtain the relevant welding fabricator certification.
- Math Skills: Welders are able to complete complex calculations to determine the dimension and configuration of a welding project.
- Physical Stamina: You are able to perform welding operations under extreme conditions such as inclement weather and limited workspace.
- Manual Dexterity: You are able to operate and utilize a range of power and hand tools to carrying out welding activities.