Welder Jobs, Millwright Jobs, and More Careers with Specialized Services
Specialized Services is hiring experienced and hardworking welders to assist in various tasks in and out of the field. Welders will be responsible for performing various functions and tasks.
- Utilize plasma, gas, or electric arc in welding metallic and composite materials together
- Heat and dissolve metal parts to obtain molten substance used in welding or extrusion
- Oversee the installation of tank linings, valves, lead pipes, and floor
- Conduct x-ray, hydrostatic, and tolerance tests on welded parts to verify weld quality and conformance to specification
- Operate manual and semi-automatic welding equipment in vertical, horizontal, or overhead positions
- Use power saws, chipping knives, and hand shears in cutting, beveling, and contouring metal workpieces
- Repair structures by dismantling, reshaping, and reassembling metal components using cutting torches and hand tools
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of local and international building codes/legal requirements
- Monitor work equipment to ensure usage is within optimum temperature to avoid overheating or expansion
- Prepare metal surfaces by cleaning with chemical solutions and wire brushes to remove impurities such as scale, rust, grease, and moisture
- Design patterns and models for a welding project using specifications contained in a blueprint
- Direct electrodes on or across metal workpieces to melt, bend, or straighten them
- Mount and secure workpieces on production equipment using cranes, hoists, or banding machines
- Conduct estimates to determine the amount and cost of materials required for construction
- Mix and apply protective or decorative coat on finished products
- Education and Training: We require a high school diploma and several years of training as a welding apprentice, as well as to 2-6 years of experience as a welder. You are required to pass welding competency tests in order to obtain the relevant welding fabricator certification.
- Math Skills: Welders are able to complete complex calculations to determine the dimension and configuration of a welding project.
- Physical Stamina: You are able to perform welding operations under extreme conditions such as inclement weather and limited workspace.
- Manual Dexterity: You are able to operate and utilize a range of power and hand tools to carrying out welding activities.
We are hiring millwrights to assist in industrial equipment repairs where you will be dismantling machinery, transferring equipment, interpreting blueprints, and installing equipment.
You must have in-depth knowledge of hydraulics, belt systems, motors, and other industrial machine mechanisms essential for job procedures. Must be a team player with strong attention to detail. In this position, you’ll also be required to make decisions, troubleshoot, and perform repairs with little to no supervision.
- Disassemble and reassemble equipment for repair or transportation
- Build the foundation for machines
- Construct and install equipment such as shafting, conveyors, and tram rails
- Review and interpret engineering specifications, schematics, and blueprints to determine work procedures
- Transfer equipment to the applicable site for maintenance to avoid contamination or safety hazards
- Grind and file machinery parts
- Supervise construction workers when using the equipment
- Work with a range of hand tools including measuring tools, welding, and brazing equipment
- Determine which machines, techniques, and tools to use when moving equipment and completing jobs
- Visit various construction sites
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Millwright or similar job
- In-depth knowledge of construction equipment and machinery
- Completion of an accredited Millwright certificate program
- Good communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with excellent mathematical skills
- Must be able to work well in a team environment