We are hiring millwrights to assist in industrial equipment repairs where you will be dismantling machinery, transferring equipment, interpreting blueprints, and installing equipment.
You must have in-depth knowledge of hydraulics, belt systems, motors, and other industrial machine mechanisms essential for job procedures. Must be a team player with strong attention to detail. In this position, you’ll also be required to make decisions, troubleshoot, and perform repairs with little to no supervision.
- Disassemble and reassemble equipment for repair or transportation
- Build the foundation for machines
- Construct and install equipment such as shafting, conveyors, and tram rails
- Review and interpret engineering specifications, schematics, and blueprints to determine work procedures
- Transfer equipment to the applicable site for maintenance to avoid contamination or safety hazards
- Grind and file machinery parts
- Supervise construction workers when using the equipment
- Work with a range of hand tools including measuring tools, welding, and brazing equipment
- Determine which machines, techniques, and tools to use when moving equipment and completing jobs
- Visit various construction sites
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Millwright or similar job
- In-depth knowledge of construction equipment and machinery
- Completion of an accredited Millwright certificate program
- Good communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with excellent mathematical skills
- Must be able to work well in a team environment